Feed on
Posts
Comments

Twitter Thursday

Happy Twitter Thursday!

Each time I login to Twitter, I learn so much from my PLN.  Below I have shared a few of the noteworthy resources and articles I learned about this week.  I hope you find them as meaningful and relevant to classroom instruction as I did.

Resource #1: 50 Education Technology Tools Every Teacher Should Know About

• This is a terrific list of technology tools that teachers should explore.  Throughout the year, I hope to showcase ways teachers in my building are successfully implementing these tools.  In addition to the comprehensive annotated list of tools, be sure to take a look at the Smartphones Make a Difference infographic at the top of the page.

Resource #2: 11 Real Ways Technology is Affecting Education Right Now

This is a thought-provoking article that highlights how digital devices are impacting student learning in classrooms today. One of the most compelling findings in the research study was that “…technology has become a significant part of students’ everyday lives with the average using three devices daily.” There is also a great infographic at the end of the article that highlights how digital devices are reshaping education.

Resource #3: An Educator Guide to Twitter

• Lastly, if you’re still wondering what Twitter is and how it can support professional growth, check out this Live Binder of resources created by Steven Anderson.  Steven’s twitter handle is @web20classroom. Steven Anderson is part of my PLN, and there isn’t a day that goes by when I don’t learn something new from him.
  • If you’re just getting started with Twitter, using hash tags (#) is a great way to filter for education-specific tweets. Hash tags are words or acronyms that begin with the number (#) sign. They are used when many people are tweeting about the same topic or from the same event” (Twitter Terminology 101).  Filtering for specific tweets is also a great way to uncover new experts to follow.
    • Here are a few Twitter hashtags related to educational technology:
      • #edtech
      • #elearning
      • #web20
      • #byod
      • #EdApps
      • Click here for a comprehensive list.
  • If you’re looking for a few new educators to follow, explore this list of 10 twitter accounts to follow for educational technology.  The list certainly isn’t comprehensive, but it provides for a nice starting point!
  • Last but not least, be sure to follow me @cbrown426.

I hope you learn something new today.